Zinc Oxide Overdose symptoms and treatment

 

Zinc oxide is an ingredient found in many products, mostly ointments and creams used to treat skin irritation and skin burns. They are found in products like zinc oxide ointment, Calamine lotion, Caladryl lotion, sunscreen lotion, hemorrhoid medications rubber goods, paints etc. The overdose of zinc oxide happens when someone eats this medication accidentally or intentionally. Zinc oxide overdose is also called as Calamine lotion overdose. Amalox overdos or Zinaderm overdose


Zinc oxide overdose symptoms
These can be in the form of stomach pain, chills, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, mouth and throat irriation, fever, yellow skin and yellowish eyes.
Zinc oxide overdose treatment
Zinc oxide is not very toxic. It can be treated by home care. Immediately give the person water or milk to drink. Do not give water or milk if the person has been vomiting; in that case, call the doctor or poison control. If the chemical is in the eyes or skin, flush the patient’s face with lots of water for at least 15 minutes. If the person has inhaled zinc oxide, move him or her to a place where there is fresh air. Also note down the number of the National Poison Control Center which is (1-800-222-1222), this can be called from anywhere in the united States. This is a free and confidential service.
Sponsored link

No related posts.

Leave a Comment