Acne is the facial rashes which are commonly called as pimples. It generally tends to occur during the teens and the early twenties. It can affect all adults without exception.
When the pores of skin on the face gets clogged with sebum, dead skin, dirt and by excessive oil build up then it causes the pimples to come up. This is considered as the main cause of acne.
Hormonal imbalance and poor hygiene can also help this condition to come up.
The collection of dirt and dead skin in pores, generate bacteria which in turn causes acne.
Simple tips and home remedies to get rid of pimples or acne
The following are the easy home remedies for removing the pimples.
- Making use of common tooth paste: Tooth paste is the easily available common solution for treating the acne. Tooth paste contains triclosan, which is an anti-bacterial agent. As such it helps to kill the bacteria and give the needed relief from the acne problem.
- Apply the toothpaste on the acne infested area. Rinse it off after 30 minutes with warm water.
- One should not use a toothpaste which has gel in it, because it contains some other ingredients also, which may cause skin irritation.
- Ice pack: Pick up an ice cube, wrap it in a clean and soft cloth and apply it on the acne direct. Such icing helps to get relief from itching, inflammation and swelling.
- Lemon Juice: Lemon Juice has vitamin C that acts as an astringent, which helps to dry up the pimples. Apply the lemon juice over the affected area and allow it to dry up over the night, and wash them in the morning. Drinking lemon juice can help to flush out toxins from the body, and helps the skin to reduce the risk of getting acne condition.
- Honey and cinnamon: Honey is a very good home remedy as it helps to keep the skin moisturized, provides needed nutrients and helps in killing bacteria which cause the acne.
- Apply honey on the acne affected portion and keep it for 10 minutes, and then rinse it with warm water.
- A paste can be made by mixing the honey with cinnamon powder. This solution can be applied on face to form a mask and leave it for an hour, and then rinse the same. Repeated application smoothen the skin and remove the acne.
- Egg white: Break the egg and separate the yolk. Apply the egg white on the cleaned face and leave it to dry for 10- minutes. Then rinse the face with warm water. Repeat it once in a week. One can get relief from acne and a glow will flow from the face in due course.
- Baking Soda: Sodium bicarbonate which is known as the common baking soda helps to regulate the skin pH level. Baking soda, which is used in baking bread and in many other cookies, is also used in many health products, just like toothpaste and shampoo.
- The baking soda paste, made by mixing water, can be used to exfoliate the skin of the face, by applying the paste on the affected area only. The baking soda paste should not be left on the skin for long time, especially for those with sensitive skin. Baking soda paste helps to reduce inflammation and get rid of acne scars from face.
Tips to control acne
- Avoid touching the face by hand often, because it adds dirt in pores and that becomes a cause for getting acne.
- Maintain the habit of washing the face twice a day. Any increase in the number in face washes may make the skin dry, and may reduce the availability of the required level of natural oil produced by the glands which may remove the moisture in skin.
- One should use clean clothes, such as kerchief, pillow cover, bed sheets etc. because, the dirt in cloth, along with bacteria in it, may come in contact with pores and clog them causing acne.
- Regular exercise and having healthy food is also essential. A healthy lifestyle should be maintained by doing regular exercise and by following a healthy balanced diet. Fruits and fresh vegetables, nuts and whole grains in daily diet should be maintained, for having a beautiful skin.
- Stress behaviors and ill-management damage not only the mental health but also the physical health and result in bad skin. Hence managing the stress is equally important.
- If the home remedies do not help in getting relief from acne, it is better to consult a doctor for treatment.
- Over the counter medicines, such as benzyl peroxide, salicylic, Clearasil and Noxzema are popular medicines for acne.
- Steaming the face helps to clear the dirt and oil from the pores without inducing the pimples.
- Applying lavender oil repeatedly over the affected portion, applying aspirin with fresh lemon juice, bentonite clay paste, tea tree oil, drinking plenty of water, avoiding tight clothing, taking daily shower, limiting sugars and fats in diet, going out doors and taking sunbaths, taking dip in salty sea etc. helps to contain the acne as home remedy.